RE: fading Ware's cyanotypes

Randall & Bob -
I tested the water and came up with a tentative 5.5 or so - certainly not
above neutral.
It sounds like I cleared too much.  I guess I'm used to really long wash
times, so I'll keep that in mind and reduce it to the minimum required to
clear the highlights.

I still don't know what kind of paper I'm using but it certainly wasn't
cheap stuff, although I also don't think it was buffered. I have to look at
the receipt to see what I bought - it was originally intended for another
project but I thought it might look good in cyanotype.

So, I'll try cheap paper, and a shorter wash time!  Thanks for the suggestions.
Kathryn