Re: fading Ware's cyanotypes

>Hoping someone can help with this - I did a couple of Ware's version
>cyanotypes this weekend, but after spending 15 minutes or so in a water
>bath, they'd fading to a mere shadow of themselves, in a grey-slate tone.
>
>What could this be caused by?  I just started a new paper (can't remember
>the name right now) but from previous threads last fall I am wondering if
>it's the water.  I haven't checked the pH of the water yet - should I be
>looking for acid or akaline?  Or was it just the length of the water bath?
>Kathryn Garrison

Can't say what causes Ware version to fade.  I can suggest you use the
simple but very brilliantly blue and permanent version I report in my book
on Gumoil Photographic Printing.  Focal Press. Boston 1999.  Or write me
for the formula after I get back from Poland and eastern Europe and my
concentration camp project in about six weeks from today.  karl