Re: Pyro and rotary agitation question

Lorena Carrington wrote:

>I was just talking to a friend about processing roll films in pyro about 10
>minutes ago! She was taught to fill the tank with developer, and with the
>film rolled loosely, lift the middle end (does that make sense) of the film
>strip out of the solution and keep dunking it for the duration of the dev
>time. -Lifting all of the film in and out of course, but keeping it in a
>spiral shape. This is all obviously done in complete darkness.
>Don't know how effective it is yet. I'm about to start doing tests with pyro
>in a week or two...

I would imagine this development method would work fine but it appears to
complicates a fairly simple operation, with no particular advantage. In my
experience roll film can be developed in Pyro on spiral reels in daylight
tanks following the same procedures used for conventional devleopers, with
this exception: agitation cycles need to be at about 30 second intervals,
and should be vigorous.

Sandy King