Re: Uneven Jobo Development

Kerry,

I'm afraid this is unavoidable with standard (non-"Expert") drums. Jobo
sells large drums with Expert liners which work fine, but are expensive
and do only one sheet at a time. You can make smooth home-made tubes
from ABS pipe, but lose the semi-automatic functions of the Jobo processor.

Fred Newman has told me that recently he's had success developing 8x20's
in Jobo print drums using the specific combination of Ilford HP5-Plus in
D-76. No streaking with this combo, but the same film in other
developers didn't work.

At least for now, I've resigned myself to developing all of my oversize
film in trays, doing batches of 4-8 sheets in either TMaxRS, HC110, or
pyro PMK.

---Carl

--
Workshop info and online galleries at: