Authenticity, was RE: Epson or HP for alt-phot ... ? (some OT)

At 2:34 PM +0000 3/22/00, Thor Bols wrote:

>I'm curious though.  What do you mean by "the authentic nature of
>the camera negative will not be lost"?  How much digital
>manipulation DO you allow before the "authenticity" is lost?

That's a good question. I don't know. I suspect that the minute you
scanned the image into the computer, it is no longer authentic. Not
that all images need to be authentic, mind you.

Does anyone know at what point do the courts cease to consider a
photograph to be creditable evidence?

Sam