RE: Negative sharpness in contact printing

On Thu, 23 Mar 2000, Art Kerbs wrote:

> Make sure you are e to e and you are using collimated light (point light
> source and or focused light). Keep your exp. short. Something is out in
> left field, when your contacts are less sharp than through a lens. what is
> this 1.5 Neoprene cover sheet all about? could it be defracting you light?
>  AK

If the exposures are long and the lights hot, neoprene and/or paper could
be expanding. Also, as was pointed out in the thread on "blur" in pt-pd,
if not *fully* dry, the print could dry & shrink (or wiggle) during the
exposure.

However, as a world-class non-expert on contact frames, permit me to
suggest that the entire deal may be "soft" -- how are the springs or
clamps, for instance?

Judy