Re: Image fading with Argyrotype

Gerard,

I do not use the Argyotype chemistry, so I cannot help you on most of
your questions, but

> -would gold toning after the first wash, but before fixing, make any
> difference? (some articles i read put the gold toning before fixing, while
> others gold tone after fixing. is there a difference?).

...toning before fixing should protect the image better agains fading
(which I do not observe in my Kallitype printing), but toning after
fixing should be followed by yet a second fixing step, since one of the
byproducts of goldtoning is the formation of SilverChloride, and yoy do
not want that, and should be fixed out..

Cor