Re: Hypo Eliminators (was: Dichromate and the plate)

Dear Sil:

Does this mean a sodium carbonate (10%) solution used as a washing aid for pyro
negatives should not be used, because of potential harm to the image and/or
gelatine.

If so, is it possible to buffer a sodium carbonate solution to avert this harm,
and if so, what would be a suitable compound with which to do so?

Your advice is appreciated.

Joe Arkins