Re: Hypo Eliminators (was: Dichromate and the plate)

On Sunday, March 26 Sil Horwitz wrote:
> Don't confuse "Hypo Eliminators" with "Wash Accellerators." Kodak now
> specifically proscribes the HE series, noting they are harmful for
> long-term storage of prints. Wash Accellerators are buffered and are only
> very slightly alkaline. They are aids to washing; HE solutions actually
> destroy hypo, and just incidentally, adversely affect gelatin. I'd keep
> away from them, including that horrible example of "caustic soda" (sodium
> hydroxide) which can do only harm.

My partner Harry Kalish wonders the following: If HE-1 was used about 10
years ago in the washing process using the old Portriga Rapid pqper, what
problems would one expect to see with the gelatin? Would there be changes in
the print color over time?

Thanks for any help you can give,
Sarah Van Keuren