Van: roger.kockaerts [mailto:roger.kockaerts@chello.be]
Verzonden: woensdag 29 maart 2000 10:13
Aan: alt-photo-process-l@skyway.usask.ca
Onderwerp: Re : Hypo Eliminators (was: Dichromate and the plate)

Hello,

Interesting literature about wash-aids and hypo eliminators is found in the
chapter on "History of Processing and Image Stability" by George Eaton in
Pioneers of Photography, The Society of Imaging Science and Technology,
Springfield, VA, 1987.

An Eastman Kodak team of scientists  has studied the adverse effects of
complete hypo elimination in silver emulsions and found that a trace of
residual hypo provides some protection against oxidation. The only case
where the use of the HE-1 solution is recommended is before gold toning
archivally processed silver prints.

Greetings.

Roger

Roger Kockaerts