Re: Expired film

I can't speak for XP2, but I must admit that I have used and abused outdated
HP-5 very successfully.  In my case (much like yours, 2 years outdated but
kept cool) I thought I saw a slight increase in base fog.  I didn't measure
it.  It seemed to be normal in contrast.  This was sheet film (free sheet
film!).

HP-5 is also wonderful stuff for those very hot desert shoots.  Even the
film left in my car during a 100 degree F backpack for three days survived
very nicely.  In fact, I was far more "wilted" after that adventure than the
film was!  Seems to be a film that is hard to destroy ;-)
--
Tom Ferguson
http://www.ferguson-photo-design.com