RE: Expired film

My expectation would be that the film you are considering would give you results very close to those of fresh film and therefore a good buy.  If you really want to experiment, I suggest holding onto it for a few more years.  I have a roll of 35mm E-6 tungsten film I've been holding onto since the early 80's - its not quite ready for use yet - still aging.  For some interesting examples of cross processing of expired color film, take a look at Claudia Wornum's exhibit of pinhole photos at http://www.pinhole.com/pinholer/exhibits/ - scroll down and click on her name listed under 1998.

- Gregg