Re:Infrared Exposure Trick...ery?

Greetings!

I was reading the posts and I am well,

I am a bit confused, could you perhaps expand upon the
theory of using the IR filter and a regular light
meter for measuring IR exposure?

What hangs me up is a faded memory of information that
said light meters are NOT sensitive to IR...not that
they are only very weakly sensitive, but that they are
not sensitive at all....was this faulty information?

What kind of reading do you get when you use the high
EI and IR filter over the meter?

Does it give you both F stop and shutter speed? or do
you ignore one and use a constant?

Can you demonstrate that it really is measuring IR and
not visual light which has seeped in? For example, can
you measure visually dark, high IR emitting or
reflecting objects? In other words, can you measure IR
with this method in the dark?

Thanks!

Ray Rogers