FW: On-line Exhibit: Diana Hooper Bloomfield, "The Midway"

From: Gregg Kemp (Gregg.Kemp@sas.com)
Date: 05/01/00-06:29:49 AM Z

-----Original Message-----
From: Pinhole Visions [mailto:news@pinhole.com]
Sent: Monday, May 01, 2000 8:23 AM
To: Pinhole News
Subject: On-line Exhibit: Diana Hooper Bloomfield, "The Midway"

Diana Hooper Bloomfield is exhibiting ten photographs from her series, "The Midway", at Pinhole Visions. These photos combine pinhole with platinum/palladium processing and were taken at the North Carolina State Fairgrounds in Raleigh.

   "After many years of focusing through the ground glass, metering for the 'perfect' exposure, and in constant search for the 'best' lens, I recently 'stepped back' into the magical world of pinhole imagery. For me, these pinhole images depict more than a physical location; rather, they more accurately capture a state of mind, possessing a lack of immediacy--an elusiveness--that seems timeless. I love the ephemeral and dreamlike quality of these images, a quality that might suggest more an absence of previously existing--rather than the current presence of--life." - Diana Hooper Bloomfield

You are invited to view this exhibit at:

   http://www.pinhole.com/exhibits/Bloomfield/