Re: HC110 dilution

From: Carl Weese (cweese@earthlink.net)
Date: 05/01/00-10:31:17 AM Z

Jean Claude,

First, HC110 is always a thick syrup when purchased. You can dilute the
syrup to form a "stock solution" which is then further diluted for use.
Or, you can just work directly from the syrup. 1:31 (one ounce to make a
quart of developer) is the most common "B" dilution. But it can be used
both stronger and weaker for various effects. Kodak specifies several
dilutions as "F", "A", etc.

Next, especially if you are trying to get long-scale negatives for Pt/Pd
processes, I recommend you use D-76 instead of HC110 with this film.
I've recently found that the BPF200/D76 combination in rotary processing
delivers much lower filmbase plus fog levels and a longer straightline.
ABC+ pyro is also an excellent rotary-processing developer for this
film. Most other developers give fb+f levels that are unsuitable to
making long-scale negs.

---Carl

--
Website with online galleries and workshop information at:
http://home.earthlink.net/~cweese/