Re: Dichromate Hazards - Thanks!

From: Linda Phillips (linda__phillips@hotmail.com)
Date: 05/03/00-03:54:37 PM Z

Well, thanks anyway, Liam! That's too bad, because I was intending to use
this procedure as well. Look's like I'm destined to haul this stuff out of
here, becuase I don't think I want it in my septic system.

Before I unsubcsribe and get out of Dodge, I want to share just another
reason why I feel uncomfortable putting Chromium (and silver, for that
matter) into the ground. I'm sure you'll all just think I'm even MORE
paranoid, but:

As a preface, I'd like to say, regardless of what Judy may say, there ARE
some good reasons for living in the country. But the openmindedness of the
populace ain't one of them. If you're somebody that spends a lot of time in
the dark in your basement (and you're not reloading shells for your 22-250),
you're thought of as some kind of weirdo in these parts. IF people get the
idea that chemistry may be a part of your life AND the notion that some of
this chemistry might leak out into the soil AND you want to sell your home
AND somebody wants to make an issue of it, well the cleanup might be rather
expensive. Judy, Katharine Thayer, Sarah, you live in cities where anything
short of mass murder is ignored. Dump all you want, I guess. But
country-dwellers shouldn't become so complacent that they forget that some
30K/year geek with a polyester shirt and a pocket protector can make life
miserable should a change in politics make pollution an issue.

Well, time for my medication.