Re: Glass cleaning procedure

From: Richard Knoppow (dickburk@ix.netcom.com)
Date: 05/04/00-12:40:46 AM Z

At 02:20 AM 05/04/2000 -0400, you wrote:

>On Wed, 3 May 2000 Vamaza@aol.com wrote:
>

> > Judy, is the Bon Ami in cake form or powder?
> > What supermarkets carry it?
>

>Vasilios, It's a powder, regular "cleanser" in a can, just like Comet, or
>whatever else is marketed now (I don't know them because I haven't bought
>anything but Bon Ami for years).
>
>All our supermarkets have it (Grand Union, D'Agostino, A&P, and "Banana
>Express," the local Korean mini-supermarket, and so forth. Comet is much
>cheaper. The Bon Ami ranges from 79 Cents to 99 cents a can. The labels
>says "no chlorine, perfume or dye." Also "biodegradable, contains no
>phosphates." Package is gold foil, with the label cartouche in white, red
>& yellow.
>
>However, label also says "do not use on windows or mirrors." Why, who
>knows? You might ask them on the website.
>

>Judy
    The Bon Ami traditionally used for cleaning glass is the cake variety.
The powder says its the same formula as the cake. I first encountered this
stuff working back stage, it seems to be the default cleaner for spotlight
lenses and mirrors. The cake type is not supposed to contain any abrasive,
perhaps there is some in the powder type.
   In any case Windex or dishwashing detergent is safe.

----
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles,Ca.
dickburk@ix.netcom.com