Re: Viruses posted to the list...

From: Jeffrey D. Mathias (jeffrey.d.mathias@worldnet.att.net)
Date: 05/04/00-11:32:06 AM Z

"Editor - P.O.V. Image Service" wrote:
> If the list owner refuses to implement such an option I would argue that future
> viruses using the list as a distribution mode is FORESEEABLE...
>
> Given that, the list owner would also be financially liable under US and
> Canadian Law for any resulting damage...

I could not disagree more. When one joins this list they do so at their
own risk. If one does not wish such risk or does not wish to follow the
rules, then they may leave the list. The list owner (Gordon) dedicates
a lot of his time and effort to provide and manage this list for the
rest of us. Thank you Gordon.

Also keep in mind that if we insist that the list owner somehow be
financially responsible, then it is likely that a membership dues will
be charged (insurance, salary, operating expenses, etc.). It's
desirable to keep this list volunteer, uncensored, and the minimum of
common sense rules that we now have.

In my humble opinion, the biggest virus that we are subjected to is the
barrage of posts that fly like shrapnel from an off topic event. I've
got McAfee virus protection and I like the animated bug getting
squished.

And Kieth, in your own words:

--
Jeffrey D. Mathias