Re: I DON'T love you

From: Greg Schmitz (gws1@columbia.edu)
Date: 05/04/00-12:53:38 PM Z

This list reader is certainly in agreement with what Judy has written;
and she was so polite too (or perhaps too polite).

-greg schmitz

On Thu, 4 May 2000, Judy Seigel wrote:

> On Thu, 4 May 2000, Editor - P.O.V. Image Service wrote:

snip %<

> Keith, I have been on this list since the first year, and read every word
> from the first day, and I believe I can say without fear of contradiction,
> that your statements above are as
>
> ugly
> wrongheaded
> self-indulgent
> self-involved
> ungrateful
> destructive
> and just plain dumb
>
> as any I've read here, and that covers a LOT of territory and a wide range
> of human nuttiness.
>
> I even dare believe I speak for the consensus of the list in saying that
> aside from needing to take YOUR meds, you owe the listowner a humble
> apology, and then, you and your "contributions" (which escape me this
> moment & I'm generally pretty attentive) would NOT be missed.

snip %<

Thus, if it be true that death is annihilation, then the man who
believes that he will certainly go straight to heaven when he dies,
provided he have fulfilled certain simple observances in this life,
has a cheap pleasure which will not be followed by the least
disappointment.

                                        Charles Sanders Peirce
                                        "The Fixation of Belief" (1877)