I DON'T love you

From: Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Date: 05/04/00-12:26:53 PM Z

On Thu, 4 May 2000, Editor - P.O.V. Image Service wrote:

> If the list owner refuses to implement such an option I would argue that future
> viruses using the list as a distribution mode is FORESEEABLE...
>
> Given that, the list owner would also be financially liable under US and
> Canadian Law for any resulting damage...
>
> Keith

Keith, I have been on this list since the first year, and read every word
from the first day, and I believe I can say without fear of contradiction,
that your statements above are as

ugly
wrongheaded
self-indulgent
self-involved
ungrateful
destructive
and just plain dumb

as any I've read here, and that covers a LOT of territory and a wide range
of human nuttiness.

I even dare believe I speak for the consensus of the list in saying that
aside from needing to take YOUR meds, you owe the listowner a humble
apology, and then, you and your "contributions" (which escape me this
moment & I'm generally pretty attentive) would NOT be missed. Also, in
case you didn't know, there are no guarantees, here or in the hereafter.

Firstly, Gord runs this list at GREAT personal effort and to his own
detriment, like having a beloved but retarded child, out of the kindness
of his heart and the generosity of his university, with the best equipment
they can muster, and we're lucky to have it. Who else would take on this
list? Not only donating the server power, but a continuing labor of love.
I have a small idea of the constant tending because the rejects of bounced
messages come to me. (Yes, I am magnetic!) After a few days there will be
20 or 30 for each message. And I suppose Gord gets them for all
subscribers. Think of the labor of 25 times 550 !!!

To say that to save YOU from the possibility of a mishap (which as noted
the London Stock Exchange and big corporations were also victims to), Gord
has to be a perfect foreteller of the future and PRE-technical
uptotheminute wizard, is not just unreasonable, it's positively
pathological. Or a kind of infantile fantasy. Or both. But then I almost
wish you WOULD sue, because you could then look as foolish in public as
you have here in "private." And could gain the obloquy of list subscribers
world-wide which you so richly deserve.

For your information (do you read the advisories?), attachments are
FORBIDDEN on the list. However, as partial atonement for your ugly
tantrum, perhaps you would like to donate some software to the University
that would screen them out? And then go up there and install it? (And then
sit on an ice floe until you cool off.)

Judy