Re: The "LOVE" virus

From: Christina Z. Anderson (tracez@mcn.net)
Date: 05/04/00-05:37:02 PM Z

You guys: my girlfriend, staying with me at the moment, and using her
laptop next to me, got the virus and opened it and it immediately attached
to her entire email address book and sent emails out to everyone on it, and
froze her computer while doing so. Even if she immediately shut down her
computer as fast as she could realize what was going on, the virus would
have gone out to several people at least and multiplied exponentially. This
is not a question of anyone on the LIST being malicious or stupid but the
way the virus worked. In fact, just think; it sends an "I love you" message
to everyone on your address list, why wouldn't your mom, for instance, on
your address list, open an attachment from her daughter saying "I love you"?
Let's not be so quick to be hard on each other for stupidity and
maliciousness, be sure to always back up your computer, because you know
what; this is going to keep happening and keep escalating. I was blessed in
that I was sitting in the room while it happened to her and found out about
it before I opened my email. I think I am virus free, but who knows?? I
can't find out til they formulate a patch for it that I can download...
      I did get I LOVE YOU messages and deleted them without reading, but
the
virus is NO HOAX as I have seen it in action.
Chris