anyone ever tried gelatin dry plate photos?

From: Jarred McCaffrey (jmccaffr@cs.uml.edu)
Date: 05/05/00-08:53:13 AM Z

Thanks for all the feedback so far.

Seems like wet plate collodion could be the best alt process for pinhole
photos. However, a portable darkroom is a bit difficult to manage for
many photographers. Doing a bit of research I have seen mention of dry
plate photos - the technology that pushed wet plate out of mainstream
photography. I haven't been able to find specific resources for this
online that go into any detail. Has anyone worked with these before?
Supposedly they are a little bit slower than wet plates but allow you to
leave the
darkroom behind.

Thanks again!

Jarred