Re: Gum prints by enlargement

From: Darryl Baird (dbaird@flint.umich.edu)
Date: 05/05/00-09:06:11 AM Z

My experience with strobe light is as follows

I used to print Kwik-Print with strobe lights, I had a 1200Ws unit and a
remote release. It took ten to twenty "pops" to make a good exposure.
There was some heat involved, but not too bad. I've found the cheaper
the strobe unit the richer in UV it is...that was Tom's point I believe.
The old Novatrons ("Novabombs") were especially rich in UV, almost black
lights! They required heavy color filtration.

I remember Norman came out with a focusing strobe unit which had a slot
for gels or glass slides for background projection. I think these would
also work as printing units with a little work.

--
Darryl Baird