Re: Ferrotyping Alt. Prints.

From: Wayde Allen (wallen@boulder.nist.gov)
Date: 05/12/00-09:41:29 AM Z

On Fri, 12 May 2000, Rod Fleming wrote:

> That's quite interesting, Wayde, not so much because of getting the prints
> off but because of the surface- glass is not ideal. What is the gloss from
> plexiglass like?

I'd guess that the Plexiglas surface is somewhat akin to what you'd get
with a sheet of glass.

I do have to confess that I have never actually tried this for ferrotyping
a silver print. I do coat carbon gelatin emulsions on a clean plexiglass
sheet though, and the resulting surface finish of the carbon tissue is
fairly glossy. The big problem with plastic is its succeptibility to
scratching.

- Wayde
  (wallen@boulder.nist.gov)