Re: another question

From: Les Newcomer (lnphoto@ismi.net)
Date: 05/15/00-09:36:15 PM Z

Yeh I thought so too, particularly when I specifically said OUTSIDE mirror. All
the salt, dirt, mud, grit, stray bullets (a Detroit hazard). A front surface
mirror is just too delicate to be on a car.....

but go try this test and tell me what you find.

First grab a coin and a flashlight (okay in Alberta it still may be light out,
it's dark here in Detroit.

First put the edge of the coin up to your bathroom (definitely NOT a front
surface mirror) Did the coin meet the reflection? nope, the glass got in the
way. Which is why we can't use second surface mirrors. On front surface mirrors
the reflection and the coin will meet.

Now go and try it on any GM or Ford and maybe even psuedo-foreign cars.

Let me know what you discover.

Les