Re: Ferrotyping Alt. Prints. (original question)

From: Andre Fuhrmann (Andre.Fuhrmann@uni-konstanz.de)
Date: 05/16/00-04:57:43 AM Z

Let me put in my 5 Pfennig worth. Judy has suggested some
non-gelatiny methods for glazing up alt prints. Here is another one
which I haven't tried out yet but which sounds workable. [I admit,
Judy, I suffer again from the "sounds logical" desease ;-]. I use a
water-based ACRYLIC DISPERSION at a very high dilution for sizing.
Now, this dipersion is available in two types, matte and glossy. Of
course, for sizing I use matte. But, and here comes the suggestion,
for a glossy finish, the GLOSSY dispersion may do the finishing job
very well. It is "art-proof", containing no substances harmful to
papers or colours, and because it is water-based, it does an
absolutely clean job on any kind of paper. The brand I use is "K6"
available from www.kremer-pigmente.de. The company also runs an arts
supply shop (w/ mail order) in NYC.

-- A