RE: Digital question (scanners)

From: John Brubaker (jb@TruePicture.com)
Date: 05/17/00-10:54:08 AM Z

The Epson 1600 scanner cannot be beat in its price range (~$1100). I use
the Epson at home, and the Agfa Duoscan Solo at work - The Epson is the
clear winner between the two. Your scanning software will also affect the
results from either of these. I purchased the Silverfast package for my
Epson 1600 at an introductory price of $99.00. This software produces
better scans by providing much greater conntrol of the image at scan time.
Very precise color, density, and sharpness can be be selected before the
final scan. Regards --- John.