Re: 8x10 transparency scanner

From: David Clark (DavidClark_@excite.com)
Date: 05/17/00-11:11:41 AM Z

Tillman - I buy a lot of Agfa Duoscan 2000xl 11" x 17" scanners. They will
scan 11 x 14 in reflective mode but the area they can scan for
transparencies is only about 4" wide. Be careful, most flatbeds only have
high resolution scanning on a small area.

Zeiss Planar lenses are not designed for flat field imaging. A flat field
lens is perfectly symmetrical i.e. APO Symmar. A non-flat field lens can be
a plus if you are not doing scientific work. Softness around the edges can
make a nice frame. I am thinking of Keith Carter's dog close ups ...

David