Re: Offense meant & taken

From: Editor - P.O.V. Image Service (editor@p-o-v-image.com)
Date: 05/25/00-09:35:56 PM Z

In no way do I expect nor believe that the slate is wiped clean by an
apology...

You are correct, I let myself get sucked right into the mud...

But, put yourself for a moment in my boots..

I got sent off from the list by the list mms when I got a bit overworked about
the Love virus..

Fine, I accepted that...

However, it is difficult to restrain oneself after writing SEVERAL e-mails to
the list mums asking them to apply the list rules with the same alacrity and
unequivocal action as they had in my case..

Instead, it was like listening to the Sounds of Silence...

When one is treated in what is APPARENTLY a patently capricious and
inequitable manner, when other transgressions are not responded to in a manner
proportional or commensurate with transgressions you have a system of flawed
or non-existent justice...

In instances like that, one may take the road to Civil Disobedience.. On need
not respect nor adhere to the rules of an arbitrary and unfair system..

As the attacks continued and the list minders chose to be silent as a group,
the confluence of situations lead to a bit of ire...

This is not meant to be exculpatory for my actions, simply explanatory...

If my every remark is going to be attacked on a personally vituperative basis,
I am eventually going to respond... Sometimes I wish I was the kind of person
who could walk away from a fight, but I'm not...

And, when someone attacks me on a personal level, I apologize, but the gloves
come off..

However, this is all way off-topic for the list generally...

I don't think everyone wants more of this in their box... So, I'm dropping it
here..

Finally, if it is the consensus of this group, that no matter what I say, I
will simply provoke future attacks, then I will remove myself from the list..
The last thing I wish to do is cause others to leave the list because their
box becomes filled with this crap..

And again, my apologies are sincere...

Keith

--
{       The views expressed in the preceding are those of the        }
{       author, alone, and  are neither the responsibility of,        }