Re: news article on palladium

From: Jeffrey D. Mathias (jeffrey.d.mathias@worldnet.att.net)
Date: 05/25/00-11:36:31 PM Z

Ralph Rinke wrote:
> ... As per the above, what does this equate to when I'm measuring out my drop
> count? ( $ per drop?) I realize all droppers are different sizes and there
> are pipettes, but generally speaking how much Pd/Pt is being used in our
> metal solutions? How does one calculate this? With our Canadian peso
> dropping, I've got to add more than 50% exchange.

I did not realize that Canada used the peso.

To calculate price:
Calculate the size of your drops by counting the number of drops to fill
a graduated cylender to a certain amount.
($ per drop) = (drop size, ml/drop) x (% solution strength, grams per
ml) x (price, $/gram)

This is the price of the double salt which is the relevant price and
will differ from the metal commodity price.

DO NOT skimp on the amount of metal in your coatings or just consider
switching to another process. There is plenty of information on the
Pt/Pd process including solution recommendations in the guide on my web
site (link below).

--
Jeffrey D. Mathias
http://home.att.net/~jeffrey.d.mathias/