Registration with Metal Support

FotoDave@aol.com
Date: 05/26/00-09:29:33 AM Z

In a message dated 5/26/00 10:18:13 AM Eastern Daylight Time, FDanB@aol.com
writes:

> In
> the text I contrast this with Irving Penn's methods (I visited his studio
> last summer and got a great first-hand look at his whole multi-print
> system) in which he bonds the paper to a metal support (with a chemically
> non-reactive barrier) that provides the dimensional stability you
> correctly mention as a concern when the paper is made wet between the
> separate exposures.

Is Irving Penn's method described in details in your book? I assume his metal
support is permanently bond to the paper. That is not my preference, but I am
still interested in what metal he uses. Do you know? Or is that his secret?

If it is in your book, you can just tell me it's in the book w/o any details.
Time to get the book. By the way, I remember Borders carried your first
edition. Do they carry your second edition? (Border's headquarter is in Ann
Abor, Michigan, and I know friends who work in the headquarter, so it is fast
to get a book, I think).

Dave Soemarko