Re: dating prints

From: Jeffrey D. Mathias (jeffrey.d.mathias@worldnet.att.net)
Date: 05/26/00-03:42:06 PM Z

Judy Seige
> ... But another point: about that analogy of photo tones with music notes...
> TOO MUCH tremuloso in music can be the stuff of parody. Can too many
> tones in a print also be counterproductive?

Perhaps.

> And another other point: Having put considerable effort into problems of
> registration in subsequent coats of gum printing, my guess is that game in
> platinum printing isn't worth the candle. Surely much more difficult to
> manage where the whole point of the print is precise detail.

No, easy to register. The negatives and masks are taped together and
printed as one unit in what I am doing (plenty sharp and loads of
detail.) In the method Dan uses, all exposures are made on a single
coating before any processing is done.

--
Jeffrey D. Mathias
http://home.att.net/~jeffrey.d.mathias/