Re: Lens flange question/request

From: Richard Knoppow (dickburk@ix.netcom.com)
Date: 05/30/00-05:43:17 PM Z

At 06:00 PM 05/30/2000 -0400, you wrote:
>Eugene:
> You might consider mounting a heavy lens on an aluminum lensboard. Any
>machine shop can make one to your specs, and can thread the board directly,
>thus alleviating any need of a flange. I have a 16 1/2 dagor that is
>mounted this way, and it's very easy to use. Cheers, Ed
   In fact, if the machine shop can measure the threads (which they should
be able to do easily) they can make a flange for you. If you have a
mounting flange from another lens bring it along so they can see what sort
of thing you want. While I would recommend Steve for delicate work (he
does beautiful work) a good general machine shop should be able to make a
simple lens flange.
   Another alternative is to find an iris diaphragm lens clamp. I think
Steve Grimes has a picture of one on his web site. They are not plentiful
but I've seen several on eBay so they are around.
   Yet another idea (my coffee is starting to work) TT&H is still around.
Its just possible someone there may still have specs for the lens. Maybe
worth a phone call.

----
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles,Ca.