Re: FW: daguerreotypist Belgium

From: Robert W. Schramm (schrammrus@hotmail.com)
Date: 11/03/00-09:08:58 AM Z

Marc,

I have heard of someone who makes contact daguerreotypes by laying a
positive on the sensitized plate, at least that is what is claimed,
although how this is done without messing up the silver iodide/bromide
coating or the positive escapse me.

I can't think of any reason why what you propose would not work but
my guess is that the exposure times would be rather long.

One thing I do is to make a large (11 x 14) silver print of a negative
and then photograph that with a daguerreotype camera. I use bright
sunlight and the exposures are 1-2 min at f 5.6

I have never done this but I have speculated on replacing the light
source on an enlarger with a mercury arc bulb for use with alternative
process printing. Should work for daguerreotypes as well.

Bob Schramm