Re: photo history lecture

From: Gregory Parkinson (glp@panix.com)
Date: 11/03/00-06:08:58 PM Z

At 4:56 PM -0700 11/3/00, bmaxey1@juno.com wrote:
>I said:
>>It upset people then as it does now. Personally, I do not want to see it
>photographed
>
>You posted:
>>Let's be glad you're not making the rules, then.
>
>I am glad NO ONE can really make the rules. Don't be so nasty. I thought
>this could be discussed - guess not.

As a gay man I've had images of heterosexuality shoved down my
throat all my life. Forgive me for having a strong reaction to your
statement that you don't want to see equivalent images of
non-heterosexuality photographed. It's not just that you don't
want to see them, it's that you don't want them photographed.
Evidence of existence. My existence is to remain hidden so
you can pretend it doesn't exist. I'm not being nasty, I'm
being appropriate.

>>My opinion here.
>
> >>Personally, I do not want to hear it.
>
>Lets be equally glad you don't make the rules.

Ironic reversal just flies over some people's heads.