Platine

From: Amanda Lane (amandal@clara.co.uk)
Date: 11/06/00-11:14:08 AM Z

  I don't have any problems with grain with Platine. Except in the past I
had mottling and what looked like grain or the suface breaking up but this
was chemical. Either chemicals too cold or uneven coating, etc. Like Carl
Weese I
do not use any chlorate or dichromate and get the negatives to have the
contrast I need.
I like platine very much. I used to make very small prints and press the
finished print between two pieces of archival mount board (with heat) in a
dry mounting press and that seemed to make the surface smoother. Out of all
the papers I have tried (Fabriano, BFK, Stonehenge, Arches Satine and some
others I have forgotten about) Platine provides the best results for me (and
Bienfang), however, I have not tried the Cranes yet.
Best wishes
Amanda Lane