Re: Gum on Platinum

From: Karl Koenig (kpkoe@swcp.com)
Date: 11/09/00-05:17:05 PM Z

>I have not yet put gum over platinum but I have put gum over cyanotype,
>vandyke brown, and over platinum on several ocassions with success. The
>Photoseccessionists often put gum over platinum.
>
>What would you like to know?
>
>Bob Schramm

See work by Steichen and Demachy for gum over printing. For my part, I
have put gum over vandyke and cyanotype as well as over plantinum. See
Darkroom and Creative Camera Techniques May/June 1992 for example of the
first (though the published quality is abysmal). Because platinum is so
stable once printed, it is especially well suited for over-printing with
gum or any other substance.