Re: chrysotype and 21 steps

From: Sil Horwitz (silh@earthlink.net)
Date: 11/16/00-03:09:00 PM Z

At 2000/11/16 08:20 PM +0100, you wrote:
>I will try to find some 33thiopropionic acid to try it as it is truly
>different from the way I use.

The correct term is: 3,3' thiopropionic acid (or beta, beta'-propionic
acid) or 3-mercaptopropionic acid. (Interestingly, the 2-mercapto compound
is the substance in onions that causes tears.) If you find a retail source
for this substance, let me know, as it is used industrially in resins and I
don't know of any other common usage.

Sil Horwitz, FPSA
Technical Editor, PSA Journal
teched@psa-photo.org