precipitate

From: Istvan Bibo (bibo969@hotmail.com)
Date: 11/24/00-01:19:13 PM Z

Dear list,

If I mix ferric ammonium oxalate with silver nitrate, a white precipitate is
formed. Though the kallitype that is made with this precipitate-rich
emulsion looks acceptable to my unexperienced eyes, I noticed that this
emulsion is less able to penetrate the paper (due to large precipitae
grains) and the resulting image is easily destroyed if touched. Can I
somehow prevent the precipitate formation in this combination? Apart from
the penetration problem does the image made this way equals the one that is
made by a precipitate free emulsion?

                              Istvan