Argyrotype

From: Sandy King (sanking@hubcap.clemson.edu)
Date: 11/30/00-06:27:18 PM Z

Yes, Argyrotype can be toned. Barnier has some instructions and examples in
Coming into Focus.

I can't answer the question about print preservation because I have only
been making Argyrotypes for a few months. Ware, who introduced the process,
writes that it was designed to avert the inherent problem of other
iron-based silver processes, i.e. the danger of leaving reaidual ferric
iron in the print, which will eventually degrade the print by oxidizing the
silver.

Sandy King