Re: Marker Paper

Bienfang 600 works best with flotation, rather than immersion. Sizing
solutions used should be EXTREMELY thin, as the paper is very fragile. Cut
the paper to allow for a significant margin area, as corners will most
definitely be lost. Wash the paper carefully after processing -I put it in a
sort of plastic screen cage inside the tray in order to lift it out of the
water. After washing, blot it off briefly and then dry it between two,
virgin sheets of blotting paper, in a contact-printing frame. The paper will
be very flat as a result. Canson 702 series had a better wet-strength than
Bienfang 600, but this is (unfortunately) no longer available to the North
American market. Borden & Riley 100R also works better.
Gum-printing/re-registration is probably out of the equation, but marker
papers should work with the other processes.

Alan Greene