Re: BIG

Ok I have to jump in her, as a dutchman: the museum is known as Het
Rijksmuseum, the Rembrandt painting is called "De Nachtwacht", it indeed
used to be larger, but they cut of some 50 cm  (I believe) from each
side, because it didn't fit that nice on the wall, and the transport was
easier. In later times they just took it from the wall, and rolled it
up, tugged it away on a ceiling. The people who commissioned Rembrandt
for the painting, de schutterij van Amsterdam, a kind of city guards,
more a social than a army thing I believe, weren't all too happy when
Rembrandt showed them the finished piece; too dark and gloomy, too many
"un-important" people on it

Cor