Re: bubbles in gelatin

Judy wrote

Subject: bubbles in gelatin

> Hi all, especially all gummists,
>
> I've been sizing some paper for gum that's too big to handle in usual way,
> that is, by pulling paper out of tray pressing between soft plastic rod &
> tray edge to squeegee off excess gelatin.

Have you tried the old fashioned trick of getting a wall paper brush and
slapping the gelatin on with it?
It seems to work with 3 feet square VDBs. It may give you an interesting
under texture - a bit like art!
Or slap it on with your hand. That works with liquid emulsion provided you
don't have any cuts on your hand.
But don't blame me if it doesn't work. I'm just a print maker.

Randall Webb