Re: some new imagery; feedback

"Christina Z. Anderson" wrote:

>  And why hasn't he written to the list at all lately, until your
> stuff comes up for question?

I have no idea... What is that supposed to mean?

> I apologize in advance, Thor, if I am so very
> wrong on this point.  Don't flame me. And why, also, when I try to "reply
> to" does the email go to you, Keith,  and not the Alt Photo list where it
> belongs?  Luckily I know how to cut and paste.

HuH?

I have no idea what you mean... All your e-mail has come to me via the list...

>      Yes, Cactus Cowboy you could be a little nicer in your criticism, but
> certainly what you say bears mention:  Keith, the shadows on the faces of
> your models are distracting and do not add to the image.

<snip>

> IN Afiya 04 14 you have a compositional
> "merger":  even though on this list some argue about compositional rules
> being bunk, here is a prime example:  the branch looks like it grows out of
> her head.

And that kind of criticism I have no argument with.. That's well in line with my
request..  Nor did I attack Cactus Cowboy's critique, in fact I explicitly
acknowledged it and said

    "Your own commentary falls into the
    "critique" category, as  you cite specifics, etc... "

I attacked his defense of "Thor Bols' " criticism in his response to Jill, who
seemed to feel "Thor" had crossed the line..

> However, with all that said, I bet there are many from this list
> that will now, in fact, actually go to your website and give you the
> attention you need.

I wasn't asking for "attention," I was asking for honest commentary...

>     Enough said.  Now you "big boys" give it a rest, and no more threats,
> Keith, on line.

If something I said came off as a threat, it was NEVER so intended..

As I said in my conclusion...

"I don't think I am asking too much here...

Just a bit of respect and civility..."

I do not ask respect of my work, only of me, as a person, nothing more, nothing
less..

If a request for commentary is going to provoke an attack then there is a
problem.  If attacks are tolerated, as opposed to critique, then this list
eventually becomes nothing more than a company of like-minded individuals who
compliment each other on work done in the same vein..  I hope that such is not
the case..

Keith Krebs

--
{           For the latest on the 1270/870/875DC Orange-Shift Issue          }
{                 Head to http://www.p-o-v-image.com/epson/    or            }