Re: some new imagery; feedback

----- Original Message -----
From: "Editor P.O.V. Image Service" <editor@p-o-v-image.com>

> > I apologize in advance, Thor, if I am so very
> > wrong on this point.  Don't flame me. And why, also, when I try to
"reply
> > to" does the email go to you, Keith,  and not the Alt Photo list where
it
> > belongs?  Luckily I know how to cut and paste.
>
> HuH?
>
> I have no idea what you mean... All your e-mail has come to me via the
list...

Chris is quite right- when I hit "reply" to this email, which came via
alt-photo, the email program wanted to send to editor@p-o-v.etc and "reply
all" produced the above.

BIzarre.

Anyway, we won't go into what has already been said about your pictures, but
as far as the IR stuff is concerned I would agree that the mix of rumpled
clothing and foliage, not to mention "splotchy" (good word that) lighting,
is cluttered. You not only have background confusion, you have foreground
confusion and lighting confusion too. It is actually difficult to figure out
what the
picture is about because there are so many things going on. You should try
to simplify.

I have not used IR for a long time, but there is a Canadian photog by the
name of Eric Boutillier-Brown who has used it quite effectively. I think you
should take a look at his work. Here's a URL

http://ebb.ns.ca/landscape/lustoris/index.htm

I think you will agree that his compositions are simple, tight and
uncluttered and he uses the unique character of IR film  to strong, though
subtle, effect.

HTH

Rod