Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2000 05:23:39 -0600 (MDT)
From: J. Wayde Allen <wallen@its.bldrdoc.gov>
To: alt-photo-process-l@skyway.usask.ca
Subject: Re: some new imagery; feedback

On Wed, 11 Oct 2000, Katharine Thayer wrote:

> Christina Z. Anderson wrote:
> >
>  And why, also, when I try to "reply
> > to" does the email go to you, Keith,  and not the Alt Photo list where it
> > belongs?  Luckily I know how to cut and paste.
>

> I've been told that the same thing happens with my messages. I certainly
> didn't set it up deliberately to be that way and I have no idea how to
> change it.  So I wouldn't read any meaning into the fact that someone's
> mail operates that way.

It is because you have set (deliberately or otherwise) the reply-to header
in your e-mail.  The relevant lines from you message header are:

   From: Katharine Thayer <kthayer@pacifier.com>
   To: alt-photo-process-l@skyway.usask.ca

Some list servers will trap this line and re-write it.  Evidently the
altphoto list doesn't do this and instead creates the
"Resent-Reply-To" header.  Nothing wrong with this behavior at all.

If you don't want things to work this way you should edit your options so
that you don't set the reply-to header.  Let's see, your mail header also
says you are using

which translates to netscape on a Mac Power PC.  I don't know this system
particularly well, but there should be a mail settings or options section
where this is set.

In your case, you have the same address in the "from:" line as in the
"reply-to:" line so there is no reason to have a reply-to header.

Yes, this isn't "alt photo", but perhaps posting this will minimize the
speculation and conspiracy theories.

- Wayde
  (wallen@its.bldrdoc.gov)