Censorship issues

I thought that the collective minds of the list might be able to help with a
situation that I am currently encountering.  I am a graduate student who
will finish my MFA Fine Art Photography degree in December.  As part of my
final review/graudation I am entitled to a gallery show at my school in one
of their galleries.  I recently presented copy slides of the 15 images that
will appear in my final show to my department director for approval.  The
series is a group of figure studies of men and women.  He approved the
images, but with one exception.   The fear is that the school can somehow be
held legally responsible for any ramifications that the display of this
controversial image may bring.  In order to have the possibility of
displaying this image I have been asked to produce some sort of
documentation that indicates that the school (the gallery providers) are not
liable or responsible for the content of the exhibit.  I was hoping someone
might me able to provide me with some references or legal citings that would
satisfy this requirement, or any other ammunition that you may provide.
Thank you for your assistance.  You may email me offlist at
gmphotos@earthlink.net.  Thanks

Gary Miller