Re: Censorship issues

> Did I mention that I am not only a devout fundamentalist christian,
> but Marie, Queen of Romania as well?  Self-applied labels are *fun*.

Sorry I'm dense, but don't get this.

> >    Furthermore, hasn't Judy Seigel said enough that there are no neutral
> >nudes?  Nudity is not neutral in the eyes of the artist and in the eyes
of
> >the viewer.  How can we be neutral about exposure of who we are?  There
is
> >always element of psychological risk, expressed and implied, in that.  If
> >people are outraged by your treatment of the body, if this controversial
> >image is, in fact, nude, is that always wrong on their part just because
you
> >think your image is OK?  Usually outrage does not come from just nudity
but
> >how the body is treated.
>
> And outrage over a photograph of an erect male penis, or
> two people having consensual sex, fits this usual case how?
>
>I should have been more clear there in my delineation of two issues:  the
erect penis is still a taboo in art is what I was saying.  Period.  The
outrage at the treatment of the body is not necessarily a connected thought
so sorry if I made it seem that way.  Obviously,  having a boner is not
treating the body in a degrading fashion, nor is consensual sex; it just
happens that both fall into the pornography category instead of the erotic
art category.  This, I'm sure, is changing as we speak--Jeff Koons comes to
mind.
Chris