Re: FO test

Cecil Ward wrote:
> >I need to test some Ferric Oxalate, but instead of Potassium Ferricyanide,
> >I am only able to purchase Potassium Ferrocyanide.
> >Will this work.?

Potassium Ferricyanide (used to test FO) is
K3Fe(CN)6
This works well for testing the FO as outlined in my guide (available at
link below).

Potassium Ferrocyanide is
K4Fe(CN)6
I do not know what this will do as I have not used it.  I suspect that
it's valence may not be appropriate for the testing.
Perhaps a chemist on the list will respond.

A letter or a number may make a world of difference.

--
Jeffrey D. Mathias
http://home.att.net/~jeffrey.d.mathias/