Re: darkroom negs./ digital negs.

In a message dated 10/26/00 2:48:34 PM, jkapoor@lightwork.cnchost.com writes:
<< Hi Jill--
<< How did your negatives turn out?  I am in the process of gathering the
materials to do enlarged negatives from 4x5 originals for palladium printing.
I'm going to start with Freestyle's Arista Supreme and PMK development.  What
developer/dilution and fixer are you using for the Bergger film?  Are you
making both interpositives and the enlarged negs on Bergger?  I made some 4x5
contact positives on Tri-X, the same as the original negatives, and they look
pretty good.
 Have also worked quite a bit with Photoshop and was hoping to turn out
some digital negs, but little success so far.  Desktop negs don't quite
get it for palladium, and its hard to find a good service bureau.
Spotting, dodging & burning are so painless on Photoshop!

hi jan -
my negatives are beautiful!!  it is very exciting.  i found that with arista
and kodak ortho i had problems with how contrasty the negatives were - even
with diluted developers. with the bergger film, i started with my usual set
up and i had to work to get up the contrast.
i am making both interpositives from 35mm and 2 1/4 negs and the negs onto
the bergger film.  i used dektol from 1:7 to 1:2 depending on the original
negative. developed for 3 minutes and then stop and rapid fix, wash like
regular film.
i made digital negs by  outputting them onto acetate as well as tried out an
imagesetter - both worked pretty well, but i really do not like computers
that much.  i have much more fun in the darkroom. there are a lot of people
on line that can help you with the negs, but if not, write me off line and we
can talk.  i have been getting help from various people here and there.
let me know how your negs end up.  how are you processing the arista film?
jill